How to Use Jozsef’s Premium Chicken Paprikash Simmer Sauce
This is a simmer sauce to use with uncooked meat. Do not brown or pre-cook the meat. The best tasting paprikash is made with bone-in chicken thighs. One jar of sauce will cook up to six (6) pounds of chicken thighs (approx. 16 pieces).
- Remove the chicken from package and remove skin, leaving bone in. Wash chicken in cold water and pat dry.
- Pour sauce from jar into a five (5) quart Dutch oven or large pot. Add chicken and mix with sauce. Do not add water or broth.
- Cook chicken covered on low to medium heat, stirring every 20-25 minutes for 1 to 1½ hours or until meat is tender.
- When chicken is cooked thoroughly, take pot off heat. Let cool uncovered for 10-15 minutes. If desired: mix in sour cream, or serve on the side.
- Serve with your favorite side of dumplings, noodles or spaetzels.