Chicken Paprikash Recipe
Make Chicken Paprikash the Easy Way!
Jozsef's Parikash Sauce was created to give non-cooks and busy families a way to create authentic Hungarian chicken paprikash the easy way. In a few simple steps, you can create a meal your entire family will love! How do you know it's authentic? Our founder, Jozsef, was born in Hungary and this recipe comes straight from his parents restaurant in Budapest. You can't get anymore authentic than that!
Tips to make sure your chicken paprikash comes out tasting perfect:
- Make sure you are using raw meat (chicken, veal, etc.)
- Do not brown or pre-cook the meat.
- Do not add water or broth.
- The best chicken to use with our sauce is boneless, skinless chicken thighs. One jar of sauce will cook up to 4-5 pounds of chicken thighs.
- DO NOT USE LESS THAN 4 POUNDS OR IT WILL NOT COOK PROPERLY AND TASTE BITTER.
Jozsef's Chicken Paprikash Recipe
- Remove the chicken from package. Wash in cold water and pat dry.
- Pour sauce from jar into a five (5) quart Dutch oven or large pot. Add chicken and mix with sauce. DO NOT ADD WATER OR BROTH.
- Cook chicken covered on low to medium heat, stirring every 20-25 minutes for 1 to 1½ hours or until meat is tender.
- When chicken is cooked thoroughly, take pot off heat. Let cool uncovered for 10-15 minutes. If desired: mix in sour cream, or serve on the side.
- Serve with your favorite side of dumplings, noodles or spaetzels.